Saturday 17 March 2012

Beautiful day out side today.  The doors and windows are open, and CBC Radio in on.  Since I wasn't able to make a pie on Pie Day (3.14), baking was first on my To-Do List for the weekend.


I originally wanted to make Szarlotka- an apple tart with sweet crust, but here is probably where I can confess.  I have never followed a recipe completely IN MY WHOLE LIFE, so why really start today.


My spin on Szarlotka- Sour Cream Apple Pie with Berries. I wasn't going to use berries, but I ended up using too much honey, so I needed to add something sour and ran out of apples.


Another confession- I don't measure (unless baking something precise).


I have always made crust by hand- today was the first time using a Processor.  It definitely saved some time, and was a bit cleaner.  The dough turned out great.  I also went old school rolling out the dough with a wine bottle- and no I didn't drink any..


Now, outside for a hike.  I'm heading to Cascades Park to see how much snow is in the bush.






No comments:

Post a Comment